For YouTubers, it’s obvious that you are looking forward to growing your channel and outshining others on the platform. Who doesn’t want to get a higher YouTube ranking, more views, subscribers, and even more watch time on their videos?
The first tool Youtubers used, YouTube Studio, formerly Creator Studio, is a web and mobile app created by Google. It lets you manage your presence, grow your channel, interact with your audience, and make money from the same dashboard.
However, YouTube Studio falls short in many vital areas, such as competitor analysis, keyword research, channel and video optimization, and thumbnail creation. This kickstarted the rise of alternatives as people have been talking about this on forums like Reddit and Quora.
In this article, we will look at the biggest Youtube assistants on the market: Tubebuddy and VIdiQ, which both provide excellent tools.
What is TubeBuddy?
TubeBuddy is an amazing YouTube channel SEO management tool available in the market. These tools add to your YouTube channel many features that save video creators time. With the help of this tool, you can create stunning videos that leverage more audience and views.
This tool provides information for optimizing the video marketing strategies of your channel. TubeBuddy helps in managing your YouTube channels to get more views and subscribers.
What TubeBuddy Does
- Rankable Video Tags of your competitor’s videos.
- Detailed insights into your competitor’s YouTube channel.
- Export the subscriber’s list with their social profiles.
- Allows you to track the ranking of your Videos.
- Detailed analytics for any videos.
- Find the best time for uploading your videos.
- Compare your channel analytics with your competitors.
- Create thumbnails for videos right within YouTube.
- Backup titles, tags, and descriptions in your preferred formats like excel or doc files.
Who Can Use TubeBuddy?
If you are a YouTube creator and want to grow YouTube channels, you should try TubeBuddy. This Tool is useful for:
TubeBuddy has a separate section of more than 15 tools just for video SEO.
- It gives you information on YouTube SEO
- Allows you to draft views from other channels
- Free for the basic features
- YouTube Certified
- Easy to use
- Sometimes doesn’t load anything and a blank block remains.
- The program would sometimes crash
“VidIQ – My YouTube Channel Game Changer”
What is VidIQ & Who uses it?
VIDIQ is a Free Browser Extension that helps you optimize, grow, and manage your YouTube Channel. It’s recommended and used by some of the Top creators and brands around the world, including Evan Charmichael (3M Subs), Chad Wild Clay (13M Subs), Think Media (1.6M Subs), Mark Cuban, Jim Louderback (CEO of VidCon), AOL, Time Inc, and eBay.
When you add it to your browser, it will add certain features to your YouTube video pages that enhance the functionality.
Notable VidIQ Features:
- YouTube Keyword Research Tool
- Competitor Video Analysis
- Trending Video Alerts
- Channel Audit
- VIDIQ Analytics
- Productivity Tools
It‘s a safe tool to use. It’s YouTube Certified and Uses YouTube’s API. It also has over 1,000,000+ Active users rating it at 4.5+ in the Chrome browser extensions library.
We believe it’s worth using it. Try the FREE VIDIQ Extension. The Pro $10/month plan is recommended. The Boost plan at $49/month is not obligatory.
Does it increase views & subscribers? VIDIQ is a just tool that helps you. It will give you an edge, save you time, and give you a better idea about what content to create, but it’s not going to do everything for you.
Which is better, VidiQ, or TubeBuddy? Both are good, but in short, VIDIQ is best for Competitive Analysis. TubeBuddy is best for Productivity & Bulk Processing.
I recommend using both VIDIQ Pro + TubeBuddy Pro for most creators. That way, you can benefit from any features that aren’t present in the other tool.
- Find low-difficulty keywords on YouTube
- Find trending videos on other channels related to your channel category
- Get content ideas and make viral videos
- It allows only one youtube channel to be used on the PRO plan
- Sometimes it gets the wrong trending keywords
Social Media Marketing
Both programs allow you to cross-promote and share your videos on Facebook. TubeBuddy also supports social sharing on Twitter. TubeBuddy and VidIQ monitor engagement stats on Twitter, Facebook, and Reddit.
Looking at just the features, TubeBuddy has more than VidIQ.
TubeBuddy is more feature-rich, while its free version is also far better than that of VidIQ. It also provides all these valuable features at a relatively affordable price.
We recommend Tubebuddy pro if you want to grow your channel and content quality is your priority.
The main difference between TubeBudy and VidIQ is:
- TubeBuddy is available as a Chrome, Firefox, and Safari extension, while VidIQ is only available as a Chrome extension
- TubeBuddy provides more advanced analytics and data, whereas VidIQ’s analytics are more basic
- VidIQ’s paid plans start at a lower price point of $7.50 per month, whereas TubeBuddy starts at $9 per month
Both platforms have a lot to offer if you are out to give your subscribers the very best of content. They also make easy the work of managing and moderating large YouTube accounts. Their video SEO and analytics features are really helpful.
The TubeBuddy developers are incredible folks, and they maintain relations with the YouTube community. This has made TubeBuddy a top choice for many users. People love that they come up with good updates that help them stay ahead of the competition. An awesome tool of theirs is the awesome thumbnail tool for YouTube featured image upload, as quality images can increase ranking and CTRs.
VidIQ users feel that TubeBuddy is a bit invasive because it requires partnership with channels, which entails the sharing of personal information.
To sum it up, both are very helpful to social YouTubers and have very useful features. You should pick one that works with your budget or whose free features you enjoy the most or find more comfortable to use.
We do recommend using both tools in conjunction, as each one has features that are lacking in the other video marketing tool.
We hope you appreciate this comparison. Let us know in the comments if you have any remarks and which tool you prefer.
Few people think of doing this, but you can and should use both.
For tag generation, use TubeBuddy, and continuously check with VidiQ your SEO score.
TubeBuddy and VidIQ are both the best YouTube management tools currently available.